Sunday, April 28, 2013

What If We Dealt With Reality

instead of a bunch of hypothetical hogwash? Seriously, does John Cassidy at The New Yorker have nothing better to do than carry the water of gun haters?
Here’s a little mental experiment. Imagine, for a moment, that the Tsarnaev brothers, instead of packing a couple of pressure cookers loaded with nails and explosives into their backpacks a week ago Monday, had stuffed inside their coats two assault rifles—Bushmaster AR-15s, say, of the type that Adam Lanza used in Newtown. What would have been different?
Let's use our imagination to ty to tip the scales back to the way we want things, i.e. "I take your legally owned property away from you and make you as helpless as a little kitten, like me. That will make us all feel better, won't it?" 
John Cassidy, you can trot along home with all the other pantywaists. I want to be able to protect myself and my family. If the bad guys can still get the guns you so fear guns via illegal means, don't make me a criminal by attempting to legislate my rights away. Go read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment